Where to Find Fuel Temperature Sensor in 4JX1 Isuzu Trooper Engine

Today, I am going to share to you what is Fuel Temperature Sensor and where to find it. One of the main challenges that I am having in restoring my Isuzu Trooper is identifying the parts. That's the reason why I created these personal notes of mine while sharing it to Isuzu Trooper owners.

Fuel Temperature Sensor
The fuel temperature sensor is the one with
red sealer
Fuel Temperature Sensor is by its name a sensor that measures the temperature of the fuel. It tells your ECM how much fuel to be injected. If the fuel is warmer, then it will signal the ECM to inject more fuel. On the other hand if the fuel is cooler, then it will signal the ECM to inject lesser fuel. Thus, it affects the fuel economy of your engine.

If your fuel temp sensor is malfunctioning, then your fuel economy certainly suffers a lot.

I did know my fuel temp sensor is malfunctioning because CEL appears and when I conducted a paper clip test 4-6 pins, it blinks the 15 code.

If you don't know how to do the paper clip test, I will teach you later in one of the posts that I will be doing under "Troubleshooting".

So, ok, I know now that my fuel temperature sensor is malfunctioning, but why, and where to find it?



Finding this sensor is tough especially if you are not familiar with the engine. So here's where to find it:


Yes.... you are right, it is at the back of the engine. You may need to lift your Trooper up or to take out  some of the top valve cover in order to reach that. 

But why did I have that CEL? Was my fuel temp sensor really malfunctioning? It is throwing me that CEL because there is diesel leak going out from the Orifice Filter. The Orifice Filter is the bolt directly above that sensor. So since it is leaking, the diesel also flow through the sensor. 

So what we did it to change the copper washer for that to seal it. And the leak is gone. Then we cleaned the sensor, and the CEL light is now gone as well. 

Is this true to all Isuzu Trooper Engine? I do not know because different engines have different designs. But if you have a 4JG2 engine, you might want to check it in that area as well since 4JG2 is similar in the way it looks from 4JX1 in many ways. 

Are you an Isuzu Trooper owner? Have you experienced this kind of trouble? Share your thoughts.

Comments

  1. Yes i am wondering also what makes the cel on.i have the p1082 code ising scanner..i will try to lacate my fuel temperature if theres a leak or damaged already. Thank uou for your info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is leaking or dirty. You might want to clean it or at least seal any leak if there is.

      Delete

Post a Comment